I’m an absolute fanboy of all JetBrains Products. And now I’ll write mi first impressions on IdeaX, the last (and yet not final) version of IntelliJ.
- First of all, this is BY FAR the best EAP (Early access program, by definition is more buggy than a beta version) version of IntelliJ, very stable, much more responsive and quick that the 9.0.3 version.
- The UI have many improvements on Mac OS X, better status bar, very beautiful scroll bars and Open file dialog
- ActionScript and Flex have a good looking new icons and many improvements on refactoring and intentions like delete unused namespaces declaration on MXML (this works on other *xml files too)
- The editor now have a ‘soft wrap’ function
- The database console now use a editor tab for queries, but right now don’t have auto-completion of table and columns names.
- Support for LESS and SASS
- Ruby and Python plugin have the same features of the latest RubyMine and PyCharm products
- Not related to IdeaX itself, but JetBrains is making a good work on plugin development documentation, as plugin developer I’m very happy whit this, and of course, we’ll see a lot of new plugins in the future.
Seems like the JetBrains friends are making a good work with their flagship product, surely this new release will be an EPIC WIN for all IntelliJ Users